Let’s get this party started with a home-made cheese dessert with fruit and honey!
- 12 qt. stockpot
- Flour sifter (anything for draining the liquid)
- 1/2 gal. whole milk
- 6 – 8 Tbsp. of white vinegar
- Fruit of your liking (I choose nectarines)
I picked up this recipe while traveling in India, and this cheese is often utilized in Palak paneer but we are going to be turning it into a dessert!
- Step 1: Pour all the whole milk into a stockpot and turn on high heat (not covered)
- Step 2: Watch the milk and once you see any bubbles forming on the surface, immediately turn off the heat and add all of your white vinegar and stir
- Step 3: Strain all the liquid through a cheesecloth into either a form or a flour sifter and let that sit for a few minutes to harden
- Step 4: There is no step 4! That is it!
Once the cheese is dry enough, you can drizzle some honey on top and serve it with some fruit. Super simple yet amazingly delicious! You can store it in the refrigerator but keep in mind that the longer it sits, the harder the cheese will get.
Did you know?
It is believed that the evidence of cheese in culture dates back as far as 6000 BCE – Wikipedia. Wonder what they paired cheese with!
What is your favorite cheese and do you have any favorite pairings or types?