You don’t only feel hungry at lunchtime do you? You crave snacks or small bites during your work day and wish it came without such a sinful amount of calories. Plus, it all eventually adds up and makes a dent in your wallet. Your office break room may be a snack haven undiscovered if you are into quick and delightful DIY meals. You can become your own executive snack pioneer at the prestigious office break room. It won’t take your entire lunch break and will satisfy your munchies.
Here are ten deliciously, delightful, recipes you can whip up in your employee break room.
Banana ice cream
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy or freeze to your preferred consistency.
Skinny strawberry shortcake smoothie
- 150 grams frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in your Ninja and blend!
- Coconut water or lemonade
- Frozen or fresh fruit
- Fill your popsicle mold ¾ way with fruit.
- Add coconut water.
- Place mold in freezer until hard.
- Run mold under warm water before removing popsicle.
French toast in a mug
- 2 slices bread, cut into small squares
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. of milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: ½ tsp. sugar
- Place butter in your favorite mug and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Coat the sides of your mug with the butter to prevent sticking and whisk in the egg.
- Add milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, mix well.
- Add bread and allow to soak for a minute or two ensure the bread is evenly coated.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds or until the egg is well cooked.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sugar and add syrup if you please.
Strawberry frozen yogurt
- 4 cups of frozen strawberries or any fruit of your choice
- 3 tbsp. agave or honey
- ½ cup plain yogurt 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add ingredients to processor and process for 5 minutes until creamy.
- 1 cup of roasted or raw nuts of your choice
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup, pitted dried dates
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor, pulse a few times to break up the ingredients. Ensure you separate the dates if they begin to clump together.
- Process for 2-2 1/2 minutes stopping periodically to ensure that ingredients are not stuck to the bowl until a ball has formed.
- Press the dough onto plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
Crab dip on cucumbers
- 14-ounce package of imitation crab meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ -3 tsp. of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning
- Cucumber slices
- Mix ingredients together in bowl.
- Serve on top of or alongside cucumber slices.
Sweet potato chips
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp. virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Optional: ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the sweet potato.
- Toss in bowl with oil, salt and optional pepper.
- Microwave on high for 31/2 to 4 minutes until lightly brown.
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh fruit
- ¼ cup bran cereal or granola
- Optional: cinnamon
- Optional: sugar or honey
- It’s as easy as layering the ingredients in your preferred order.
Microwave mug Nutella brownie
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. of Nutella
- Whisk egg in mug.
- Add Nutella and whisk.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Optional: Enjoy with ice cream.
These are pretty inexpensive and require minimal ingredients some of which may already be provided in your office break room. Do not forget to clean up after your kitchen magic and take care of the tools and break room appliances so kindly provided by your employer.
Is there an office issue YOU know how to resolve that other office workers might benefit from? Write for our blog and get published online. The best part? You get PAID. Learn more now and submit a topic!