Small Business Saturday is quickly approaching on November 29th! While you’re here in the cafe, we wanted to make sure you know about The Shop Small® Program, created by American Express, and designed to help you facilitate your own personalized marketing campaign. You may be thinking, why do I need a marketing campaign? Whether you’re brewing the freshest coffee in town or providing the neighborhood with the best haircuts on the block, it’s important that you share your story! This will help the community understand what makes your business so special.
Using the Shop Small® Program can help you share your business story. Here are 4 steps to help you get everything all set up!
- The first disclaimer step in the Shop Small Program is accepting American Express at your small business. Once you have done so, you can move onto the next step.
- The second step is to visit the Merchant Shop Small® Page to create your personalized marketing materials.
- Once you begin creating your campaign, you will then click the ‘Get Started’ button to continue.
- Create your message/listing: The third step will require you to include your business name, zip code and what you’re known for. Do you offer great vintage finds or the most amazing homestyle baked goods ever? Include that in your listing! Once you’ve completed the form, click ‘Next.’
- You will now be featured on ShopSmall.com!
Kick it up a notch and help your business receive even more exposure by adding a photo to accompany your business profile.
- Choose ‘Yes’ and then click the ‘Add Photo’ button.
- You will then be asked to upload your photo or choose one provided. (We recommend uploading your own to help entice customers!) Your chosen image will be submitted to the program for approval along with other business information provided in the earlier steps.
- In 1-2 weeks, look out for a message from the Shop SmallⓇ Program team letting you know if your business has been approved.
Once you’ve worked your way through the submission process, check out all of the free materials provided to help you promote your business. These materials will help you get the local community excited and informed about your company. Some important materials to look out for are:
- Digital Banner – This can be used to promote your small business on your website, blog or relevant site across the web.
- In-store signage – Make your business stands out by jazzing up your signage. These signs can be used at your storefront, or you can strategically place them around town to spread the word.
- Logos and imagery – Improve the overall design aesthetics of your small business by using new logos and imagery on your website, social media outlets or even custom materials in your store.
- Social posts – Drive traffic to your small business website with preloaded tweets and posts.
- Personalized email templates – Reach your customers wherever they go with strategic email communication.
Wow! That is a lot of material. But don’t worry, you don’t need to use them all. Just pick the ones that are right for you! By customizing the marketing materials listed above, you have the opportunity to reach a wide variety of customers in your neighborhood, from the streets to the web.
The Shop Small® Program is designed to help you promote your business in a unique way, so once you choose from the myriad of materials above, it’s time to get your employees and local community excited about your product/services. Share your journey to becoming one of 28 million small businesses throughout America! Look out for our full guide to Small Business Saturday in a few days! Want a reminder? Sign up for updates from Cafe Quill. Its super easy, just look to your right.